Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Chef Chloe Coscarelli

I went to a book signing in Santa Monica last week
and had the extreme pleasure of meeting vegan chef Chloe Coscarelli.


Chloe is every bit as sweet and as friendly as she looks in this photo.

I picked up two of her books, "Chloe's Kitchen" and "Chloe's Vegan Desserts".  They're both filled with ahimsa-laden vegan recipes as well as plenty of mouth-watering pictures.  (Don't you just hate cookbooks that are all text?  How uninspiring is that?!?!)  You can find each of Choe's books in my right sidebar under "Good Reads".

As I type this post, my last batch of Cinnamon-Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies is just about finished baking.  Oh my goodness, but these are SINFUL!  If you're interested in making your own, I found the recipe online, along with an interesting (albeit somewhat dated) article about Chloe.  Seriously though... if you swoon over chocolate like I do,

MAKE. THESE. COOKIES!

For dinner, I'm going with Chloe's recipe for Falafel Sliders with Avocado Hummus.  I've never made anything like this before and I'm looking forward to it.  If it turns out, I'll be sure to post a picture of my results.


So here's my first-ever attempt at falafel.
I'm no food stylist, that's for sure, but these burgers were SO yummy.

And for good measure, here are the cookies...


Both the falafel and the cookies are from "Chloe's Kitchen", pages 107 and 221, respectively.  I'm so impressed with her books that I'm contemplating making every recipe in them, sort of like that movie "Julie & Julia".  I can't help myself.  I just get so excited when vegan food tastes every bit as good as "regular" food.  I wish more people were willing to try.  I think if folks realized just how good it can taste, they might be open to making a change.  Baby steps.

1 comment:

  1. I am doing a cookbook challenge to cook every recipe from Chloe's Kitchen.
    Hope you don't mind that I added your post to my blog page under "Others who made it".
    http://eileenlikestoeat.com/2013/05/14/cookbook-challenge-chloes-kitchen-cinnamon-espresso-chocolate-chip-cookies/

    ReplyDelete