Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Would You Rather Die Than Give Up Your Mat?

I know I would.  We yogis tend to form a really strong, palpable attachment to our gear.  And the reason is certainly no surprise.  We create a sanctuary for ourselves each and every time we step onto our mats.  It is there that we sweat, toil, and persevere.   We often push ourselves to the edge only to come back more humbled by the experience.  We gaze inward and perhaps touch a bit of the divine.  We laugh, we fall, maybe we cry a little bit... yet through it all we get back up and return again and again.

So yes, I cherish that space and I'd very nearly rather die than give it up.

My beloved yoga mat is made by Manduka.

Manduka Best Friend of the Planet - 2013

It's their eKO® Mat.
I have one for my home studio
and one that stays in my car for trips to the shala.

I'm also quite partial to Manduka's eKO SuperLite® Travel Mats
and their eQua Yoga Towels for those super sweaty practices.

I'm curious, what mat do you use and why?  Do you love it?  Do you practice with a towel or no?  A water spritz?  I'd love to hear...

NOTE:  In the interest of full disclosure, I am an Ambassador for Manduka, which means I get a small kick-back should anyone decide to make a purchase through one of the links on my blog.  However, I was a HUGE fan of the Manduka products long before I ever decided to become an Ambassador.  In fact, it was my sincere belief in their company and what they produce that led me to inquire about their affiliate program.  I encourage any of you who are passionate about your yoga mats, towels, and props to find out if there's a way to support the companies that produce them - whomever they may be.  It's a win-win for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment