Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Relaxing Day

Yesterday was a rest day where we were left to our own devices for the most part.  I greatly appreciate that since I hate being tethered to a schedule while on vacation.

Here are some pictures of the grounds...


Behind the little hammock is the dining room 
where we all eat at one long table.


Later in the day, Steve and I went into town for a little while...



This church faces the main plaza...


Urubamba's local market and produce...



Ooh, these colors!


We missed evening yoga, but I was infinitely relieved when I found out later that it was an Iyengar-style class.  While I respect the practice and lineage of Iyengar, it's just not my cup of tea.

We had a lovely late dinner of trout cooked in an old wood-burning clay oven along with salad and steamed rice.  After that, Joan led us in a really nice body scan and meditation which was the perfect way to end the day.  For the first time since being here, I really felt the powerful energies of this place in my meditation.  It was truly wonderful.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment