Thursday, May 9, 2013

Tummy Troubles

Half of us got taken out by a really nasty stomach bug which started in Aguascalientes.  It has manifested in each of us in slightly different ways but, for the most part, the symptoms include diarrhea, abdominal cramping, vomiting, and fever.

Like troopers, we made it through Machu Picchu, but it was a grueling day - followed by an even more grueling train and bus ride back to Urubamba.  I've been in bed for nearly 24 hours now.  Steve isn't feeling well either, but at least he's not as bad off as me.  I tried to rally and go to yoga this morning, but the knots and churning in my stomach forced me to collapse into a heap within the first five minutes.  It's now nearly 4 pm and I've slept the entire day away.

So all of this to say... please accept my apologies for a delay in the Machu Picchu post.  It was perhaps the single most beautiful thing I've ever seen and I want to share that - as well as the rest of the trip with you - just when I'm feeling better and can do it justice.

By the way, are these posts of interest to you?  Is anyone reading this?  I'd love to hear from you...

1 comment:

  1. Oh sorry to hear the lurgy got you. Hope you feel better soon.
    Loving reading along.

    ReplyDelete