Thursday, May 23, 2013

Two More Peru Posts Remaining!

After our day at Machu Picchu, we took a 2-hour train ride followed by an hour-long bus ride to return back to our home base at Urubamba.  I felt horrible.

The following day was a day with several activities planned, but they were small-group-type outings and basically arranged individually.  Thank goodness.  I tried to rally and make it to yoga that morning but collapsed onto my mat after about 5 minutes.  I returned to bed and stayed there literally the ENTIRE day!  I must have needed it.

The next day we traveled back to Cuzco.  Does it seem like we moved around a lot?  You're right, we did.  For those of you keeping track, we flew into Cuzco on the first day.  From there we took a bus to Urubamba where we stayed for several days.  The night before Machu Picchu we went by train and bus to Aguascalientes - to the base of the mountain.  After Machu Picchu, we returned by said train and bus back to Urubamba.  Two more nights there and then it was back to Cuzco.  Got it?

Here are a few adorable alpaca shots on the way to
another Incan ruin just outside of Cuzco...


Check out this guy.  I mean, does it get any cuter?!?!



Why yes, it does... when you put a hat on one of them!


Okay, now for the Incan ruins that we came to see.
(We were ALL suckers for the tourist photo op - not just me, okay?)


Yoga instructor extraordinaire Joan and me...


Can you imagine moving, carving, and placing these giant boulders?
Incredible to think about.


We made it to Cuzco and our hotel by dinner time.  
(Not that I could eat anything, mind you.)
More about our time in Cuzco to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment