Sunday, August 18, 2013

Kino - Day Three

Can you see Mr. Ganesha peeking through the leaves?


Yesterday started with another sleepless night.  I swear I don't understand how I've managed to stave off a cold or something worse this long.  I thought my morning Mysore practice would be rotten, but it was just the opposite.  It felt steady and strong as I plodded along.  I accomplished all of the binds I usually get and then struggled with those that are usually a challenge.  Kino helped me bind Mari D, which is always a bit like torture, but it worked.

I carried on and she had me do Setu Bandhasana for the first time ever with no hands underneath my shoulders to steady me.  That's one I'll need to work on because it was quite precarious.  Then Kino gave me the first pose of Second Series!!!  I was so excited!  What a milestone and how meaningful to have it happen here, with her, as Kino was really my very first inspiration along this Ashtangic path.  And if that weren't enough, after assisting me with drop-backs following backbends, Kino had me first walk, then crawl my hands further in.  Guess what?!?!  I nearly touched the backs of my ankles!  OMG what an awesome feeling that practice left me with.  I can't tell you how badly I needed that as I've been feeling rather dejected lately.


All in all, it was a fantastic experience, but I'm not surprised because Kino's workshops always are.  This is quite possibly the WORST picture I've ever taken, but I try to be as real as I can be here - so you get the good, the bad, and the ugly.


But wait!  Just when you (and I) thought it couldn't get any worse, this picture shows me not only looking disheveled, sweaty, and exhausted but also slightly stunned?  Whatever.  I had to post it anyway because it's the only one I have of me and my friend Kevin.  We spent most of the day together and it was a treat to do so because Kevin lives in the UK and we never get to spend "real life" time with one another.  Kevin will be doing an intensive week with Kino in Copenhagen in a few weeks and I'm eager to read about his experience there.  See? It's not that crazy that I travel to London for a workshop when Kevin travels to Copenhagen.  I guess it's the allure of combining an awesome yoga experience with a trip.

I am ready to go home though.  For starters, I need to figure out if this no-sleeping thing is related to the jet lag or if my Hashimito's Disease is flaring up.  (Insomnia is a major symptom.). Then I have teacher training again next weekend and I have to get prepped for that.  Plus, most importantly,  I miss my husband dearly as well as Bentley and Theodore.  At least we have face time though.  Do any of you face time your pets when you're away, or is it just me?
 
 

2 comments:

  1. It was wonderful to meet you in real life at last.
    Copenhagen will be great, will certainly let you know how it goes.
    Hope to see you again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home!! Fun to see all that you were up to as it was happening!

    ReplyDelete