Monday, August 26, 2013

Zzzzzzz...

Today it finally happened for the first time ever in the history of my practice.

I fell asleep during Savasana.

Our instructor rang a deep gong to signal the end of rest and I was so startled I literally jumped a foot off my mat.  I had no idea where I was and I thought the gong was a fire alarm of some kind!  Geesh.

The irony of the timing is not lost on me.  Figures I'd spend hundreds of minutes each and every night while in London doing everything I could possibly think of to get even a flicker of sleep.  And this was in a nice hotel room with a soft, comfy bed.  No dice.  Then I come home and promptly doze off on the floor surrounded by room full of strangers.

I guess when it's time, it's time.

Have any of you ever snoozed during Savasana?

No comments:

Post a Comment