Sunday, September 22, 2013

Firming My Commitment

Good Morning to you, from Ganesha!


I love this little guy.
He sits on my dresser, quietly removing obstacles as he sees fit.
At not even an inch tall, that's a pretty powerful punch, I assure you!

Yesterday's focus in Teacher Training was Supta Padangusthasana and Forward Bends.  Our practice was largely therapeutic, which was nice.  Today we're onto Twists.  Since we don't start until 12:30 pm today and it's the last Sunday morning I'll have free in a long, long time, I took advantage of our beautiful fall weather and went for a lovely hour-long run/walk.  It's been a while since I've done that and I think my quads will be speaking to me about it tomorrow.  But it was worth it though.  The sun was shining and the temperature boasted that perfect cool-fall-crispness.

So why won't I have any future Sunday mornings free, you might ask?  Well, I'll tell you.  I got a job!  I mean, I have a job but I got a second job working for YogaWorks.  I'm going to be a Greeter in their Studio City location and my first day is tomorrow.  Yay!  I can't wait!  I'm really excited about making a stronger commitment to both yoga and YogaWorks.  Each has changed my life on so many levels.  This step just feels like the right thing for me down deep in my very cells, if that makes any sense?  As time passes, I hope to slowly expand my hours plus fill in as needed.  Eventually, I think being a YW employee will help me when I finally obtain my 500-hour teaching credential and I want to get some classes on the schedule.

For those of you who don't know, my current job is as an artist.  For obvious reasons, art allows me a great deal of flexibility with my schedule and time so I think the two will fit together nicely.  I'm sure at some point on this journey, art and yoga will actually intersect in some direct way, but I'm allowing that to unfold in its own due time.

If you're interested, you can visit my artist website and/or my blog.  Just an FYI... I use my middle name Savannah to write my yoga blog because I wanted my art profession to be separate from my yogic pursuits.  I knew if I had gallery owners and my licensing partners stumbling over here, I would slowly but surely feel the need to censor myself.  I didn't want that.  I wanted my ramblings here to be as open and honest and heart-felt as they could be.  Hence, Savannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment